Lying Saints.

“Christians don’t tell lies – they just go to church and sing them.” - A. W. Tozer

I believe it would be more correct to insert the word "only" between don't and tell and replace the word just for "also".

Christians don't "ONLY" tell lies - they "ALSO" go to church and sing them. - G.C. Regular. But suffice to deal with singing lies now.

Take phrases sung from this well known song for instance.

All to Jesus I surrender,....Really!
All to Him I freely give;...Truly!
I will ever love and trust Him...Honestly!
In His presence daily live...Do you factually!

I surrender all,
I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all....Come on now be HONEST!

All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow,...Some Proudly bow!
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;...Sure you have!
Take me, Jesus, take me now...you want to board the next train to glory!

The trouble is not with the song, but the lack of honesty by the people singing it. ME INCLUDED by the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO NOT FORSAKE THE ASSEMBLING OF YOURSELVES TOGETHER! by David Yeubanks

The Abusive Tool of Fear-Mongering.

A Bloggers Take on "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" and "Hell".