Sinning Saints…are they Guilty as Charged? Part 3.


The good news of the Gospel is:

Our sins are forgiven…past, present and future, “never to be remembered against us any more! That means that our sins have already been judged, past, present and future! That means we will not be judged for them again. The price was paid for our sin was paid for by Jesus, past, present and future…that means we will not pay for them ever again! The decision has been made not by the law keepers, not by you nor by me, but by God and God alone. Your sins are paid for in full!

I am not so naive as to believe that is OK to sin and there are no repercussions for continuing in sin, we will reap what we sew”, but we are to honor God by believing His word, and His word to us is that our sins ARE …past tense…forgiven.

We should meditate on the wonder of that truth. They are forgiven. All of them. All that we will ever commit. This is part of what Jesus meant when He said on the cross, “It is finished.” Paid in full. Forgiven.

Satan’s accusations may  be true, but what of it? We cannot be accused of our sins because they are forgiven! We’ve been declared the righteousness of God. Jesus became sin for us, so that we might be made the righteousness of God in Christ.

Satan can say, “You are unrighteous. Who are you kidding? Look what you did. You call that righteous? You fool!

The fact is, we are not good enough to earn righteousness. And so it’s been given to us as a free gift, the gift of God’s own righteousness, through our precious Lord Jesus Christ.

1 John 2:1 says, “My little children, I am writing these things to you that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.”

Satan approaches my Father and says, “Your honor…Glenn has sinned and here’s the list of his offenses. Now I demand justice. You call yourself a just God…bring justice on this good for nothing sinner who is guilty these sins.”

Ah, but  my Defense Attorney is also my Propitiator, taking the wrath of God on Himself, in my place.

My Defense Attorney is also my Sacrificial Lamb, slain before the foundation of the world.

My Defense Attorney is the one who cried, "it is finished.”

And although He gave up His spirit on the cross, He rose again from the dead, and is now at the right hand of the Father, the righteous Judge, as my Defender, my Defense Attorney.

And when Satan accuses me at the before the great Judge, and demands justice, my Defense Attorney, the Alpha and Omega, the Son of God, our Advocate, speaks up, ”Your honor, Abba, Father...those sins have already been judged. They are paid for, your honor, Abba, Dad. I paid for them on that cruel, but awe-inspiring day."

And the Judge...my Defense Attorney’s Father...my Father, says, “I see this man through the righteousness of my Son and he is guiltless and without condemnation"…Case dismissed!

I the defendant may draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, to receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” (See Hebrews 4:16)

Now Mr. and Mrs. believer condemner…put that in you pipe and smoke it!

And the Accuser of the believer loses another case. In fact, he never had a case to begin with.

So who will bring a charge against God’s elect that will be upheld? “No one.” For it is God who justifies. It is God who has declared us righteous.

And that’s enough to make sing, my sins are forgiven, dead, buried and never to be risen…that’s enough to make me sing!

Such is His Amazing Gospel of Grace! Praise His Holy Name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO NOT FORSAKE THE ASSEMBLING OF YOURSELVES TOGETHER! by David Yeubanks

The Abusive Tool of Fear-Mongering.

A Bloggers Take on "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" and "Hell".