I Don't Expect!


I don't expect everyone to understand the spiritual relational relationship journey I am on with my God my Father.

I don't expect everyone to understand my understanding of scripture in my departing from some of the traditional interpretations that are out there.

I don't expect everyone to understand my understanding of who and what is Church due to my nontraditional stance regarding Church..

Then again, I don't expect people to expect that I accept or agree with their understanding  because it is the traditional accepted understanding and succumb to their fear mongering and ridicule because of deviating my from the traditional .

The validity of something being correct or incorrect is not based on tradition. Being traditional does not ensure that all tradition is wrong...NOR does it ensure that all tradition is right!

If tradition is viewed through the Jesus lens and is found wanting, it is time to question the tradition as to its validity of its acceptance as being correct.

If the premise of what you base your belief on is wrong, then what you believe based on that wrong premise is also wrong no matter how traditional the premise is.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO NOT FORSAKE THE ASSEMBLING OF YOURSELVES TOGETHER! by David Yeubanks

The Abusive Tool of Fear-Mongering.

A Bloggers Take on "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" and "Hell".